Saturday, December 3, 2011

project 4

I was so confident with my original theme of contrasting Andy goldswothy and Isamu noguchi but I couldn't find any dimensions to Goldsworthy because he places his sculptures in nature, knowing that he makes sculptures that are made to be eroded.  Then i went to photographs because my girlfriend loved Imogen Cunningham.  Which brought me to my final exhibit...to explore women in photography.  I learned so much about these women.  What an amazing group of four!  Julia Margaret Cameron was born in India and grew up in England, where she was a sought after photographer for the famous people in her era...and she didn't even pick up a camera until she was 48!  Margaret Bourke-White was the first female photojournalist for Life magazine.  She was also the first woman to be allowed in the Soviet Union after the war.  She was also the only female allowed in the concentration camps after they were freed.  She was a daredevil when it came to capturing the right photo.  I love the picture I used as her self-portrait, sitting on the gargoyle of the Empire State Building!  Imogen Cunningham is just fantastic.  I love how much she changed her subjects, from dancers to artists to plants and later to nudes.  She was a prominent photographer for 7 decades!  And there really isn't anything I can say about Annie Leibovitz that her photos don't already say!  What an amazing talent she has for capturing the soul of her subjects.  I love to see her work.  You can tell she has so much fun and so do her subjects!  I am really happy with my exhibit.  I am so glad I got to learn so much about these amazing women...I even want to buy some of their prints for my house...like Margaret Bourke-White's Cocktails on Gorky Street, moscow.  The lines and perspective and composition are incredible!  Oh No!!  I just tried to look at my exhibit and realized all my Annie Leibovitz photos are gone!  I am so mad!!  They were there when I transferred power point to the assignment!  I wonder if there are copyright laws that power point has to oblige?  They were such great shots!  I am very dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment