Thursday, December 8, 2011

week 15 self-portrait and art gallery

Vincent Van Gogh    
Francis Bacon

Edward hopper
I chose these pieces because they are very much like what I want my self-portrait to look like...but more like Francis Bacon's....and I really like these artists!  I want my picture to be chalky, almost as if drawn with pastels, like Van Gogh's and Edward hopper's.  I like abstract art.   I like trying to figure out what the piece is about, the mood.  I want to portray myself that way.  I am going to use lots of color and asymmetry  and make the picture as abstract as I can.  This piece will represent my sense of humor and lack of vanity.  I don't want to be recognized as me , but rather a piece of Abstract and Modern art.  I couldn't figure out the way to get my image on the Paint screen so I could alter it, so I just kept trying!  I used color and line and presented it in a Modern Art fashion.  I couldn't do the picture Abstract like I wanted.  I think the picture represents the more timid side of me.  How I made such a wild side of me in the picture suddenly timid is beyond me.  I did enjoy this project and I got to learn another application...Paint.  I think it turned out okay...I am hoping it is not creepy or scary and I am not able to see that because I have been working on it!


Vincent Van Gogh "Self portrait with bandaged ear"
1889 oil on canvas   60x 49 cm Courtald Institute Galleries

Francis Bacon "Self-Portrait"
1971  oil on canvas  dimensions unknown George pompidou Center

Edward Hopper  1925-30
oil on canvas  251/16 x 20 3/8 Whitney museum of modern Art, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment