Sunday, December 11, 2011

blog extra credit

I unfortunately joined the class in the second week and did not post a blog but did submit a drop-box.   I know I said the reason I took this class was a requirement for my major, but I was also interested in art.  I truly didn't expect to learn as much as I have or to enjoy it as much as I have.  Therefore, I must say my expectations were not only met but surpassed what I expected.  I am pretty sure my favorite artist was Joan Miro...again, I didn't post a blog.  I will say he is still my favorite.  I loved going to the Albright-Knox museum and actually seeing his work.  I have always loved his art, before I even knew what it actually meant...but I have a new appreciation for it.  Now I can look at the prints I have and understand what the shapes mean and how they correlate to each other.  Art to me is an interpretation of a person's view of what they see.  I love there are so many different ways to express the world around us.  I love Realism for what it is..what you see and everyone else sees, but I am more drawn to the different views a person can show us about those things.    I love to see a person's imagination, and what a better way than to physically see it.  I love online courses.  I am not one who fits well with regiment or requirements of attendance.  With online courses I am in charge of making sure I do what is required when it is required.  I always search out online courses for this reason.   I don't feel we learn less, I feel we learn more...it is more one-on-one than a classroom of students.  I enjoyed this course and learned a lot from this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment