Saturday, September 17, 2011

PHOTO ASSIGNMENT

      I at first began looking outside for my subjects but then I realized that there were so many of the principles and elements right in my own room. I discovered that I prefer taking pictures of everyday objects and shooting them from different angles and up-close in order to distort them into my own sculptures. I like the idea of a photograph raising the question in the viewer “What is that?” I did include a few 'realistic' photos but I found myself more drawn to the unusual angles and patterns and textures that we see everyday but probably show little attention to because we are so used to seeing them.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I am indeed going "what is that?" when it comes to your "rhythm" photograph. Is it some sort of woven basket? Whatever it is, it seems like a perfect example of rhythm. I like how a lot of your photographs focus so much on the elements and principles that the viewer can't tell or doesn't pay attention to what the object of the photograph actually is. The only one that sort of confused me is your "proportion," since all of the objects seem to be about the same size. Do you mean that the toilet paper is made up of many different layers, that are getting ever-smaller in size, in relation to the outer layers?

    ReplyDelete